Royal Ice Academy
Welcome! We are the Aces of Ice !
Join now and enjoy !
Royal Ice Academy
Welcome! We are the Aces of Ice !
Join now and enjoy !
Royal Ice Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We strive to be the best out there.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
tournament to rank up a tournament for red and blue to get into purple and a tournament for puprple to get in black then the winner of each tournament will battle to get 500 rda points!! you just need to register post your DN. Name: RDA Name:

The almighty Gorz!

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 9:27 am

So yeah, this topic will be disscussing running Gorz and basically; should it be done?

So here is how I see it, a 2700 beatstick monster that special summons a token as strong as your opponent's monster just by recieving battle damage seems pretty boss. However, it is defeated by a call of the haunted that has been left on the field from a syncro summon or any real card thats you previously set on the field without the foresight to predict your opponent topdecking dark hole.

Gorz has its weaknesses but it also has great strengths and every deck doesnt run one despite its staplely feel.

Should this card be side decked, main decked, or just not run at all? Should it be a staple or a card reserved for pro's? Should we run Trag or this card? I want your opinions, Disscuss!!!
Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:00 pm

good topic, many people contemplate about Gorz being a staple. I personally don't see him as one since without him a deck can still run just fine and it doesn't boost the opportunity to pull off any certain strategy except beating down your opponent with high atk monsters.

He's win in so many ways: stops an opponent's attack barrage easily and gives a +1 just by playing him, a lot of people will see no cards on the field and think they are good to go not even thinking about Gorz so it catches them off guard, and it also forces a lot of people to use a solemn on him. Most of the time he;s just a distraction in decks and nothing else, so him getting solemn'd isn't such a big deal and opens the field for your turn to special whatever you want. If he isn't negated, then you could even hold back a bit and just use him as a beatstick until he's destroyed. Pretty ballin'.

He can be kind of a problem though if running a quick swarm deck or heavy control deck since it might become a dead draw or even just ruin field space for combos. some people might even expect Gorz and just attack over it anyway if they have a big ass beast out too.

Honestly the pros weigh out the cons, but I would keep him in the side deck just because I like more aggressive and overwhelming the opponent strategies. He'd be good in the side for the reason if the opponent is overwhelming me with a bunch of counter cards and crazy swarms more than I can handle. Then round 2 and 3 I know what to prepare for and Gorz would be great to help control field presence. Definitely a side deck card for me.
Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 3:06 pm

great topic i think gorz is a boss card in its on way. it is defiantly up ther with having a DAD or Luster in deck. so in my opinion its stapled unless u run fiels cards like dark world for example i would run tragodia in stead of course. gorz has his pros and cons defiantly but just like putting in a maxx c and using it well it can put a halt to your opponnents plans.
Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptyTue Nov 29, 2011 8:38 pm

I think Gorz is kinda broken when it first released though it become more balanced with the released of the solemns and any counter that can negate Gorz. For me Gorz is only a back-up when anything goes wrong. Gorz is not the boss and has no synergy with most of the popular deck now except for the anti-meta.

So its kinda better for not having gorz cause its a semi-staple except if you run a low spell and trap deck and worried if suddenly your field got wipeout.
Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptyWed Nov 30, 2011 1:02 am

He really has synergy with any deck that doesn't need only certain types of monsters in grave/field to work, so I'd say he works fine in most. No, he doesn't help you pull combos off well, but its a really awesome card if you get in a bind. Once again, definitely at least needs sided I think.
Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Hey, can gorz even be solemned? I remember seeing somewhere that he gets over solemn somehow. Clarification is required.
Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 12:56 am

Apparently his summoning can't be negated, but his effect can be, and since it's effect that special summons, solemn warning works, but solemn judgment doesn't. That's how I see it, but I'm not entirely sure. Maybe something to do with not being able to enter summon negation window while in damage step, but the damage step is then passed when entering the summon response window, and that's where negating his effect would happen.
Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 1:56 am

Niko327 wrote:
Apparently his summoning can't be negated, but his effect can be, and since it's effect that special summons, solemn warning works, but solemn judgment doesn't. That's how I see it, but I'm not entirely sure. Maybe something to do with not being able to enter summon negation window while in damage step, but the damage step is then passed when entering the summon response window, and that's where negating his effect would happen.
The reason you cant use Solemn Judgment is that Gorz's effect starts a chain and he is summoned during the resolution of his effect, and you can NEVER interrupt a card effect while it is resolving.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The almighty Gorz! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The almighty Gorz!   The almighty Gorz! Empty

Back to top Go down

The almighty Gorz!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Royal Ice Academy :: General Discussion :: Card Discussions-
Jump to: